Grand Women’s Summit
Grand Women’s Summit on Ladies Day – Fri 7 Apr 2017£ 89 Buy tickets now
Hailed a huge success over the past two years with panellists including Judy Murray, Beth Tweddle and Maggie Alphonsi, the Grand Women’s Summit will celebrate women in horseracing, sport and business and provide guests with an informative educational, career and networking opportunity, whilst experiencing one of the largest horseracing festivals in the world.
A Grand Women’s Summit ticket includes a Lord Sefton Terrace ticket for Ladies Day, a private facility in the Paddock Lodge after the panel discussion in O’Sullevans, a Grand National course walk by Katie Walsh, a champagne buffet lunch and the Grand Women Summit.
The Grand Women Summit was held for a second year at Aintree on Ladies Day 2016 and was a great success with 140 delegates and a host of knowledgeable and renowned panellists. Working in partnership with Women in Racing (WiR), the event is held each year to discuss various aspects of women in racing, sport and business and is used as a networking event as well as enjoying fantastic racing at the Grand National Festival. Over the past two years panellists have included Judy Murray, Beth Tweddle, Steve Harman, Nick Rust, Maggie Alphonsi, Denise Barrett-Baxandale, Shelley Alexander and our very own Chairman, Rose Paterson. Channel 4’s Tanya Stevenson has been a superb host for both years. Delegates have also enjoyed a Grand National course walk with Ladies Day Ambassador, Katie Walsh, Carrie Ford, Richard Pitman and 2015 Crabbie’s Grand National winning trainer Oliver Sherwood and his wife Tanya.
JLT is the new sponsor of this year’s Grand Women’s Summit and JLT’s UK Marketing Director, Ellie Mickleburgh was named as one of the four panellists on the day. Other panellists are the most successful female British Paralympian of all time, Dame Sarah Storey, Ladies Day ambassador and GB Gold Medal winner, Sam Quek and former eventer and National Hunt jockey and current presenter on ITV Racing, Alice Plunkett. The panel will be hosted by BBC Breakfast’s Sally Nugent.
Timings for the day:
- 8.45am – Arrival for Grand Women’s Summit guests – teas/coffees/champagne and pastries provided
- 9.15am – Panel discussion and Q&A to commence in O’Sullevan’s
- 10.45am – Panel discussion to end and Grand National course walk to start with Irish Grand National winning jockey Katie Walsh; Former Grand National Jockey, Carrie Ford; and 1990 Grand National winning trainer, Kim Bailey.
- 12.00pm – Return from course walk – lunch to be served in Paddock Lodge and networking opportunities
- 12.30pm – Mark the card with tipster
- 1.30pm – First race to begin